[Stoves] Energy calcs.

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 18:32:30 CDT 2012

Frank, that water vapour number must be relative to some normative temperature. It doesn't match the usual numbers.

It it was relative to condensed water at 100 C it would be 2257. If relative to water at 0 C it would be 2501.

486 g x 2257 = the latent heat of condensation which is what I would subtract from the HHV (bomb calorimeter).

It is not absolutely correct but that is what people have agreed to do. For almost all biomass the deduction per dry kg will be 1.32 MJ per dry ash-free kilogram.

Regards
Crispin in the perpetual summer of Singapore