[Stoves] 200 litre char maker from Mongolia

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Oct 21 09:18:14 CDT 2012

Crispin,

Thank you for the picture of the poster of the Mongolia units. These are
clearly variations of biochar barrels similar to those made by John
Rogers in Florida, as seen in his well known YouTube video, as he
derived them from others, and others have made variations from his.
Also, Karl Frogner has been very active with biochar barrels and has
many years of activities in Mongolia, including with his JRO ovens
(Jolly Roger Ovens).   It is becoming impossible (and not important) to
know who learned what from whom, unless the Mongolians would state the
origins of their designs.    What is important is that they are known to
work.

Can you obtain any more information?   Especially about results and usage.

Paul

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com