[Stoves] Very small stoves and reheating food

Alex English english at kingston.net
Tue Oct 23 21:22:31 CDT 2012

Richard,
I agree that fire moving up into the fuel supply bin is a primary
concern. Not just because of the risk of a fire in a place not designed
for fire, but because it implies that the combustion process down below
is not in a steady state.  I disagree that a seal on the bin is
necessary to minimize the risk of back burn. The beauty of a
'powerless', gadgetless,  gravity based process is that a good deal of
risk is eliminated. After that it is a question of materials,
construction and air flow.

So at the time of writing this my stove has been running for four hours
and the temperature of the flowing pellets three inches above the stove
is 65C.  These pellets are feeding at a rate of about 0.7 liters per hour.

Alex