[Stoves] Gravity feed

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Fri Oct 26 10:34:32 CDT 2012

Saw it Alex, thanks for the post:

It seems they are using an electric motor-driven augur. It appears to me (with admittedly limited knowledge of pellet feed systems for stoves beyond what we owned and operated  for a few years), to really be no different than the augur drive  of a typical pellet stove. I'm personally after a full-on motor-less, gravity-driven system.

The problem is, as you and others have mentioned, the risk of  back burn and bridging of the fuel load in the feed tube.

I would like to include  Lanny Hansen, our inveterate and underspoken stove design expert here:  Lanny ?

How do they manage this with bird feeders etc.?

Richard Stanley