[Stoves] Powering a TLUD Fan

Andrew C. Parker acparker at xmission.com
Sat Sep 1 14:19:58 CDT 2012

In a discussion of Martin Boll's Malot-blower, in July 2007, I proposed
the use of a bellows.
(<http://listserv.repp.org/pipermail/stoves_listserv.repp.org/2007-July/006856.html>
Review the whole thread, Martin's idea is worth a re-read.  Jeff Davis did
some follow-up development on the idea.)  Coincidentally, that next day I
observed a model of an organ bellows, a single hand bellows feeding into
an intermediate bellows with a weight on top which provided a steady flow
into the organ.  I am sure you could treat the inner-tube in a similar
way, blowing it up with a bellows, or even by mouth.  Would applying a
weight provide more consistent pressure?

Calling a tank of compressed air an 'air battery' seems to make it more
acceptable to the electronic gizmo crowd.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compressed_air_battery>

Andrew Parker (Not AJH)