[Stoves] Re powering a TLUD

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 21:18:04 CDT 2012

Dear Steve

How about this?

I take a piece of SS - a sheet perhaps 2mm

I weld on top of it using a MIG welder, a spot about 15mm in diameter,
perhaps 0.75mm thick.  I put several of them next to each other but not
touching.

Will they operate as separate cells? Can I put them in series by MIG welding
a wire across the top of them? Is there any advantage to this compared with
welding a line along the SS and attaching a single wire to the top of the
strip? I presume the contact area is the important issue (to current) and it
makes no difference.

To get additional voltage there has to be a a cold junction in between each
so piling up MIG-spots won't help much. Considering that MIG wire can be
obtained in many materials (hardfacing wire might be a candidate) ig may be
the best way to get a secure connection at low cost.

Thanks