[Stoves] Whitfield Home & Garden Biochar Pellet Stove PDF

Alex English english at kingston.net
Thu Sep 13 19:18:12 CDT 2012

Hi Crispin and Jock,
Interesting to see these new devices take shape.
I have seen prices for high percentage grass or oat pellets (mixed with
10-20% wheat shorts) and pure oat hull pellets in the 135-150$/tonne
range, in bulk. I think the moisture might typically be higher than wood
pellets, or at least more variable than premium wood pellets, and of
course 5-10 times the ash. Some of these have left significant deposits
on boiler heat exchangers, could/should be better with pyrolysis, but I
guess that's what beta testing is for :)

Alex