[Stoves] FW: Need designs

Kevin C kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Sun Sep 16 03:16:59 CDT 2012

Dear Ron

Quoting rongretlarson at comcast.net:

> Aron:
>
> Can you clarify your intended design? I know of no way that you can
> turn a rocket stove into a char-making stove (but would love to hear
> differently).

# A "char making stove" is only relevant in a case where the person
wants a cooking/heating function, and ending up with a charcoal
residue is acceptable or desirable. In many cases, the production of
residual charcoal is undesirable.

# There is a lot of confusion with the term "biochar stove."
1: It is not possible to have a "biochar stove." One can certainly
have a stove that produces "charcoal", but charcoal only becomes
"biochar" when it is used in an agricultural application. A TLUD stove
is not a "biochar stove"... it is a stove that produces charcoal that
may or may not end up being used as biochar.
2: In that we have a "wood stove", a "kerosene stove", a "charcoal
stove", etc, the term "biochar stove" could simply be a stove that is
fueled with char, charcoal, biochar, etc.

# Is Aron perhaps designing a stove that is fueled with charcoal?

Kevin