[Stoves] Low cost charcoal gasifiers

Kobus Venter vuthisa at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 15:46:26 CDT 2012

Paul and Nolbert,

Actually not sure why I thought the phrase TLUD was coined in the mid nineties. When was it coined? I think it may have something to with Dr Reed taking over BEF in 1994 and finding information on wood gas stoves (Reed/Larson type) that were published around that time. It also coincided with Tom Miles launching the original stove discussion list I believe and open discussions having led to the coining of the phrase? Would be interesting to see the stove list archives for that time he? I joined this list in 1999 yet I am still in awe of the pioneering work by those early stovers just a few years before.

Regards

Kobus

Thanks for that useful link.

Please provide the specifics for the usage of TLUD term in the mid 1990s
or earlier.

Paul

www.vuthisa.com
Twitter: @vuthisa https://twitter.com/vuthisa