[Stoves] Fabricated Burn Barrel TLUDS

Kobus Venter vuthisa at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 17:18:26 CDT 2012

Tom,

I recently did some trials with 2 x 55 gal drums inside my fabricated Portable Metal Kiln. I recently increased the kiln width from 1.1 to  1.4 metre diam to accept 3 x 55 gal drums and although more testing is required I am satisfied with the MO.  I have created a Google Group to discuss issues around its construction and usage. http://vuthisa.com/biochar/
Cost: Under $800
Availability: DIY

Regards

Kobus

**********************************
Am often asked if there is a burn barrel sized TLUD that is commercially
fabricated. We've seen some great DIY with Doug's Jolly Roger and others. Is
anyone fabricating a 55 gal drum sized TLUD that can be used for regular
biochar production? If so, what is the cost and availability?

Thanks

Tom Miles

www.vuthisa.com
Twitter: @vuthisa https://twitter.com/vuthisa