[Stoves] Fabricated Burn Barrel TLUDS

Crispin P-P crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 19:19:37 CDT 2012

*Dear Alex *
*Do you have any clear idea of the burn rate? *
*
*
*Thanks *
*Crispin *

Tom,
I guess it may depend on what you consider a clean burn. My experiments
focused the gases through a smaller out let pipe and then added the
secondary  air. So for a two foot diameter drum the pipe was three inches
in diameter.   Air was introduced near the top having only half that
distance to penetrate, and combustion occurred in a six inch diameter
chimney , six feet tall above.

Combustion was measurably good to very good nineteen times out of twenty.

So, what indeed is the limit?
Alex