[Stoves] Fabricated Burn Barrel TLUDS

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 20:37:04 CDT 2012

Dear Tom,
our charring kilns are used primarily for light biomass such as dried
leaves, paper waste, cardboard, threshing floor debris, pine needles,
straw, etc. This material is too light to be transported to a central
charring unit. Therefore the user takes the kilns to the place where the
biomass is lying. A kiln accepts about 6 kg of such waste and takes about
15 minutes to char it. Since these are portable units, we dont bother to
get any useful heat out of them. The material is not packed into the
barrels, as it would obliterate the air flow. It is placed only lightly
inside the barrel. If the operator finds that the material is obliterating
the primary air, we advice him to reduce the quantity of material placed in
the barrel.
Yours
A.D.Karve