[Stoves] Design challenges for biomass fired appliances.

Otto Formo terra-matricula at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 14 01:52:43 CDT 2013

Dear M. Nurhuda, Nice piece of work!What is the retail price for this type of stove?
The ND gasifier mentioned, has no secondery or primary airflow controls.Just Lit from the Top and it runs smoothly, because of the special construction and the air inlets.
We are not selling, just promoteing a nice piece of work, invented by the Norwegian achitect, Paal Wendelbo, back in late 1980`s and introduced in large numbers (5000 +) in Uganda in mid 1990`s.It was very well spoken of and appreciated by the women and cooks.
Unfortenately there was an issue of fuel supply and set backs due to the fact, that the charcoal business, started threatening the peolpe involved and sabotageing their shops and even homes.
We are now introducing two "modified" types of the ND Peko Pe in Zambia, one "Advanced" with secondary air control in stainless steel and one "Standard" without any airflow control, liknked to production of pellets made out of sawdust, see picture enclosed.
We also used the gasifier in producion of biochar from Corb cobs in Zambia 2011 and had quite positive feedbacks, from both women and smallholder farmers.
We are also promoteing a TEG (Thermo Electric Generator, invented and assembeld in Norway) to power LED and cellphones.Would that be something of your interest for your gasifier as well?
We wish you good luck in your efforts to assist people for a cleaner and healtier way of cooking and heating.
Kindly Otto