[Stoves] Biochar is making its way into the oceans,

Ron rongretlarson at comcast.net
Sun Apr 21 21:29:26 CDT 2013

Phillip  cc list

See below

On Apr 21, 2013, at 2:05 PM, "Philip Lloyd" <plloyd at mweb.co.za> wrote:

> Dear Stovers
>
> Crispin has drawn attention to the "horror finding" that significant amounts
> of organic carbon are finding their way into the oceans.

    RWL:   Not exactly.  Crispin reported that an article was being discussed on the WUWT list.  I don't think anyone in that loop had read the article - and they certainly didn't understand it.  I presume Crispin's motive, like Watts', was to disparage anything related to the need for carbon negativity.

> It is fun teasing these people. Were they aware that fire is a major part of
> forest regeneration? Indeed, some seeds require smoke in the moisture they
> receive in order to germinate.  Did they know that the deforestation of the
> US, that took place between 1850 and 1920, was of the same size as the
> Amazon Basin?

   RWL.  I guess " fun teasing" says it all.  I don' understand the point of the following so will stop here.   Ron

Ps. I have read you recent material at WUWT.