[Stoves] Solar City business model

Andrew C. Parker acparker at xmission.com
Mon Apr 22 01:09:37 CDT 2013

Paul,

Solar City does not exactly provide solar installation for free.  They
provide an option in which they will install a complete system with no
money down, but it involves a long-term contract (purchase option after 5
years) in which the customer buys the electricity generated by the panels
at a set price (I am guessing that option requires the existence, beyond
federal subsidies, of state, local and utility subsidies for solar panel
installation and solar generated electricity).

I am not poo-pooing the idea.  It is a sound model.  It would be sounder
if it did not rely on subsidies.

Where there is a strong market for rice husk char and ash, I agree that
such a model could be used to market char-producing stoves to provide
energy to the customer in exchange for char and ash, and a fee, if
needed.  I truly hope you can convince someone to invest.