[Stoves] Stove Definition

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Tue Apr 30 11:50:35 CDT 2013

Dear List

Just what is a "stove?"

I would suggest that it is important that we all know what a "stove" is, when we attempt to determine the difference between a "good stove" and a "poor stove.'

When we ask Mr. Google, we get more than 7 million hits. However, the most common definitions seem to be typified by the one at
 http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stove
" 1a : a portable or fixed apparatus that burns fuel or uses electricity to provide heat (as for cooking or heating) "

At http://stoves.bioenergylists.org/ , the stated purpose of the site is:
"Our site is dedicated to helping people develop better stoves for cooking with biomass fuels in developing regions. "

What about accepting the Merriam-Webster definition for a "stove?"

Would anyone have a better definition for a "stove?"

Best wishes,

Kevin