[Stoves] Break Even Ecological Footprint

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 10:23:11 CDT 2013

[Default] On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 09:17:29 -0600,Josh Kearns
<yeah.yeah.right.on at gmail.com> wrote:

>FYI, not related to stoves directly, but perhaps somewhat to stovers who,
>like me, do a lot of air travel in effort to promote sustainability....
>

>http://www.resilience.org/stories/2013-08-08/sustainable-development-professionals-does-your-flight-render-your-efforts-futile

A wickedly sensible article Josh. One of the reasons I haven't
ventured out of GB this last decade to any of the stoves events is the
very thought that my teaching skills are so deficient I couldn't
justify the consumption of resources. That and the US visa/entry
requirements.

The trouble is, as we have recently seen with the banking crisis,
economies have to grow to sustain our current lifestyles and economic
activity is dependent on energy use.

Similar to your analysis I just wonder how much electricity is needed
to sustain the storage of all these posts and webpages yet,
apparently, we cannot justify a little <4W fan a couple of hours a day
to run a stove in the most deprived areas.

AJH