[Stoves] VermiChar

Vuthisa Technologies ventfory at iafrica.com
Fri Aug 16 14:44:59 CDT 2013

Hi Crispin,

I think Vermicasting or Vermicomposting may be more appropriate, but in this part of the woods everyone seems to be referring to it as a wormery or worm farm.  I think the latter conjures up images of a kid and his worm farm enclosed in glass.

>300/ton is a lousy price.

Yes, but if I needed to sell 150 tons a day that would be good enough.  The buyers still have to combine with their own compost mixes and add cost of packaging and other overheads.  I sold bagged barbecue as late as April 2012 for $340/ton straight to retailers.  The price has since shot up.  Biochar in the US typically fetches $500 USD/metric ton?  I would be happy paying 300 for my own vermichar trials.

It does make me wonder perhaps there is something wrong with their char for fuel usage.  They have had it tested and apparently its good for biochar.  I would like to view those specs...dis wat ek dink.

Message: 14