[Stoves] Saving the WBT

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Fri Aug 16 23:36:06 CDT 2013

Paul:

  I sm not understanding this message.

  This thread was started by Frank Shields.  I was saying his proposal to "Save the WBT"  wasn't making sense to me.  Are you heping Frank or me?

  I also am not understanding the use of "air equivalency ratio".  I understand excess air ratio for the output of a TLUD  (Greater than unity for good operation), but your use of a  number like 0.3 doesn't make sense.  In the char column above the pyrolyse front there is zero Oxygen, not 0.3 * anything.  Can you give me a cite on this topic?

   The last part on propane, butane etc doesn't seem germane either to Frank's concerns or anything I have been writing about.

  Same with respect to the Lehmann-Joseph book.  (For those not knowing this book, it is a freebie after becoming an IBI member.  a  new edition is in the works))

   If you are writing to explain something to Frank, rather than me, that also is not clear.  Frank is trying, to help with the WBT (and that is good), but I am saying his proposal won't help in any way I can see.   I also can't see your remarks directed at anything Frank said.

Ron