[Stoves] Saving the WBT

Marc-Antoine Pare marcpare0 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 02:01:41 CDT 2013

Tom, the rice husk gas composition numbers are actually a wide range in
Belonio's handbook, as you suggested. The Belonio tabled are pulled from
Kaupp (1984), which are tables for gasifiers, not for TLUDs. As far as I
know, there isn't any TLUD rice husk gas composition data anywhere.

Tables copy-pasted below.

  Table 8. Types and Percentage Composition of Gases Produced from the
Gasification of Rice Husk Gasifier at 1000 °C Temperature and at 0.3
Equivalence Ratio.

   Gas

% Composition *

Carbon Monoxide, CO

26.1 – 15.0

Hydrogen, H2

20.6 – 21.2

Methane, CH4

0

Carbon Dioxide, C02

6.6 – 10.3

Water, H2O

8.6 – 24.0

* Rice Husk Moisture Content = 10 to 40%

Table 9. Composition of Gases Produced from Rice husk Gasifier at 1000 oC
Temperature and at Rice Husk Moisture Content of 30%.

   Gas

% Composition *

Carbon Monoxide, CO

18.6 – 8.6