[Stoves] Role of secondary air on wood burning and charcoal stoves

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Tue Aug 20 14:55:56 CDT 2013

Sarbagya:

   Can you narrow down the type of stoves you are looking at?  And why?

   You seem to be talking of TLUDs, and when mentioning consuming char is that in a TLUD?

   We have seen some nice designs with secondary being preheated with a central pipe, not the exterior gap you describe.

   At least one stove developer (Kirk Harris) has argued for using that exterior space for added insulation.  A topic fairly easy to compare in the lab you appear to have available.

Ron