[Stoves] Excess air

Dean Still deankstill at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 16:17:54 CDT 2013

Hi All,

Measuring the PM out of the stack is very important as well (as well as
CO/CO2) and it has been noted by researchers like Kirk Smith, in his
textbook, that added air can assist in lowering PM. Getting almost no CO
and almost no PM, in my limited experience, does require quite a lot of
excess air in open fire type combustion chamber stoves, Rocket stoves and
TLUDs.

Best,

Dean