[Stoves] Climate Panel Cites Near Certainty on Warming

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 14:53:34 CDT 2013

Thanks for that Art

We have 'been here before' and a place was created to discuss these things -
those that want to. All people have to go it take it there. The design and
testing of stoves is still a developing field and there is a great deal
still to be done on both the theoretical and practical fronts.

Thanks
Crispin

Hi all,

It has taken the loss of Josh Kerns from this list to get me to write this.
I tremendously value the contributions that people like he, Paul Oliver and
Ron Larson bring to the list. I want to 100% clear that I agree with them.
In our age Mankind acts on the earth as a force of nature. You can not be
over 50, sentiment and in possession of both your eyes and memory and deny
it. However nothing is more frightening to most of us than change. Denial is
the most common reaction.

This truth forces some of us who share some deeply held beliefs to disagree
on others.

However, Tom, Erin and Andrew have each reminded us  that this list serves a
specific and important function. It is a forum for the advancement of
improved stove design and their adoption. It attracts people from many
countries, many beliefs and many backgrounds. If it is going to continue, it
has to be an ecumenical space, where people who disagree on issues which may
be impacted by the development cleaner burning stoves can share and
cooperate on that development. I may differ with Crispin over any number of
his beliefs, but I have still learned a great deal from him.

If we can not restrain ourselves and focus on the stated reason "to be" for
this forum, I will soon be following Josh, which I have to note is a trend.

paz