[Stoves] Blue Flame -- Natural Draft -- Rice Husk

Dean Still deankstill at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 10:25:56 CDT 2013

Hi All,

In my limited experience, blue flame is seen in TLUDs when the char starts
to burn. Yellow flame is the hottest but is also associated with the
production of black carbon. Reddish flame seems to be cleaner than yellow
with less CO and PM. I'm thinking that cooling the flame results in less
black carbon.

As far as color goes, a great looking combination is blue at the top of the
TLUD (burning the CO) and orange at the bottom when burning the char. Looks
neat.

Best,

Dean