[Stoves] Climate change

Philip Lloyd plloyd at mweb.co.za
Sat Aug 24 15:42:09 CDT 2013

Jonathan said " I respectfully disagree. How we design and build our stoves
has everything to do with climate security"
That's strange - I thought we were trying to find ways to help poor people
cook with minimal risk to their health and minimal outlay on fuel gathering.
When SE Asia's emissions are growing by 700Mt CO2 every year, there ain't
much we poor stovers can do about "climate security" - and what a weasel
phrase that is!

Prof Philip Lloyd
Energy Institute
Cape Peninsula University of Technology