[Stoves] Blue Flame -- Natural Draft -- Rice Husk

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 08:57:13 CDT 2013

[Default] On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 20:41:30 +0200,"Paal Wendelbo"
<paaw at online.no> wrote:

>Stovers.
>
>Attached you will find photos of WTB 3 with Peko Pe -ND with pellets made of sewage-mud and waste paper. The blue flame continued during the whole combustion process. No bad smell.   Compared to pellets from wood with yellow flame the temperature was a bit lower, but you could come closer the flame with the pot, and there was no soot or tar on the pot. >From 600 gr pellets there was left 21% biochar pellet shape of good quality and with a PH between 5 and 6.

I found burning dry horse dung produced a bluish flame. What I am
beginning to wonder is why rice husk, grasses and dung might produce
bluer flames. They are all high ash fuels, could it be that the ash is
modifying the combustion in some way?

AJH