[Stoves] real users and durability

rbtvl at aol.com rbtvl at aol.com
Mon Aug 26 10:08:24 CDT 2013

while ideal stove applications might keep temperatures at the desired range for durability, we find that women in their homes have their own way of cooking even after training and help.   Durability of materials must be measured as stoves are used.  And we find variability, of course.  For example, some women keep burning coals going between fires.  Some don't.  We have to make sure the houses don't get smoky during these times between cooking sessions, not just while they are cooking. There is no substitute, in our experience, for visiting homes using stoves and analyzing how they are doing, how to keep them working well in spite of not being able to control details of their daily use.

bob lange