[Stoves] Stove grates

Frans Peeters peetersfrans at telenet.be
Mon Aug 26 18:34:02 CDT 2013

Dear Stovers

   Rebars 12x12x700 mm   x15 p.    I used 40 years ago .

Later 4mm iron sheet with 5x5 mm holes and 5x5 mm closed spaces ..

Now I prefer stainles steel 6 mm woven round wires with 10x10 mm spaces .
350x700 mm . It  supports  the load  6-20 Kg wood .

It last for ever if covered with stainless seeve made of 1 mm thick
stainless  cut in windows 3x6 mm quenced .The later , It last 1 year and
gives white ash protecting partly the grates due it smal size and its
isolation !!

The smal mass dont rob heat as rebars do .

Rebars have no protection by ash isolation .

Rebars  gives carbon loss, no white ash .

Alumine  ceramic  plate Al2O3 must be the ideal grate if 10 mm thick and
conical holes and  3X6 mm .open on the top . 4x8 mm under . Spaces 4 mm .

It can be mouldes  as perles for electric heaters have .

Regards

Frans.