[Stoves] A wisdom of Rebecca's stove

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 10:23:36 CDT 2013

The principle involved is that of putting a good combustor into a supporting
frame.

Viewed dispassionately, most stovers build combustors and place a pot on
top. Lots of people do not think of that as a 'stove'.

Paul Anderson has been pretty upfront about saying that is what he often
avoids. There is a stove and there is a burner in it. In order to test for
safety I want to see a tilt test used where the large diameter pots sitting
on three tiny supports will fall off (= fail).

Quoting Richard Stanley <rstanley at legacyfound.org
<mailto:rstanley at legacyfound.org> >:

Not sweating really but glad to know it was you talking... We see the same
issues happen with the rocket stove of Roks as well as (mentioned) that of
Joshua Guinto. Seems all to obvious a solution eh ?  Hey, how about three
stones ! for a support: Viz;  introducing the supa three stone fire.

Richard