[Stoves] Lower PM in TLUDs than in stoves with fans

Dean Still deankstill at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 09:18:06 CDT 2013

Dear Paul,

You may have noticed that the TLUD featured in Jim's talk yesterday did not
do so well. I hope that the TLUD community can help to tune up TLUDs so
quality stays high.

There are bad Rockets and good ones. The devil is in the details, as they
say. More bad ones than good ones, unfortunately.

As Crispin points out, there are also good and bad stoves that use forced
air.

I think we need design principles for TLUDs so folks can know how to make
high performance TLUDs but we're not there yet as far as I know.

All Best,

Dean