[Stoves] Potential Energy in Darfur

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 00:29:15 CST 2013

Dear Friends

Potential Energy is distributing improved stoves in Darfur and this little
report from them is looking for funds. It is succinct and gives numbers.

Today is the second annual Giving Tuesday, a national day of giving.and the
antidote to Black Friday.that kicks off the holiday season by encouraging
individuals to make generous contributions to meaningful causes.

I want to encourage you to
<http://potentialenergy.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=21345cd7ad25362168
557c34e&id=df078c0f00&e=345fa67a0c> make that contribution to Potential
Energy, knowing that your contribution will help some of the poorest women
on Earth.

Women in the developing world remain mired in poverty for a complex web of
reasons, yet modest changes in their daily lives can lead to major changes
in life prospects. For example, millions of women in Africa rely on wood as
fuel for cooking. Buying wood depletes already meager incomes, inhaling wood
smoke compromises health, and gathering wood literally puts lives at risk.

Many cookstove programs have tried to address this critical issue but some
fail to incorporate local cultures and market conditions into their
solution.

At Potential Energy we believe we have "cracked the code" of delivering
customized, efficient cookstoves, at scale and for affordable prices. We
have already distributed 32,486 stoves in Darfur, and by January that number
will have grown to 37,486.

Every woman who buys or receives one of our stoves saves up to $1 a day in
wood costs, effectively cutting that household expense in half. Money saved
on wood can be used for food, education, better shelter, or for generating
additional income.

I hope you will take this opportunity to invest in the continued success of
Potential Energy. Please
<http://potentialenergy.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=21345cd7ad2536216
8557c34e&id=cae3dd7ee8&e=345fa67a0c> make a significant donation to
Potential Energy today, GivingTuesday. Together we can change lives for
women and their families in Darfur, Ethiopia and beyond.

Happy Holidays,

Debra Stein
Interim Executive Director

debra at potentialenergy.org <mailto:debra at potentialenergy.org>