[Stoves] Troika TLUD by Anderson

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Wed Dec 4 16:16:34 CST 2013

Dear Stovers and biochar folk.

I have designed a different way to make essentially the same TLUD stove
as is found in the Champion (by Servals), the Mwoto (by BEIA project)
and Quad (by Awamu).   It is called    Troika   (Russian word that
refers to three, and the Troika TLUD has 3 legs, plus other features).

An introductory document for the Troika TLUD Stove is found at
www.drtlud.com/resources

Anyone interested in making one or some variation is encourage to
contact me so that I can share additional insights and future plans.   I
hope that the Troika TLUD in various versions can be made in any country
where someone wants to make it.   I will assist those people to have
successful projects and to always have the latest information about
developments.   Early work has already started in Uganda, with interest
expressed in several other countries.

Please note:   The Troika is the first TLUD stove designed to be equally
functional as a natural draft (ND) TLUD as well as being a TLUD-FA with
forced air (fan assistance).

I will have the Troika in more refined form at the ETHOS meeting in
Seattle on 24 - 26 January 2014, with possible training workshops for
those who might be interested in local production anywhere.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com