[Stoves] Chip Guillotine was Re: [Gasification] Wood heating in the UK - whole log gasification

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Dec 29 10:52:11 CST 2013

Doug,     (and I sent this to the Stoves List because fuel preparation
is of interests to them also.)

I too am quite interested in this.   I saw it some years ago when I did
not have conditions to proceed.   Now I would like to build one and see
it put into action.   Any further info and comments on experiences would
be appreciated.

A major related issue is the feeding of the sticks.   An angled trough
with gravity helping the flow down to a "stopper" could help.

For straight fuels (such as reeds and non-branching shafts such as
bamboo and young poplar, pine etc) this could be really a great
assist.   The gnarly bifurcating branches of many trees present some
difficulties (and opportunities to find solutions!!).

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com