[Stoves] Kinematic Viscosity measure of organic waste water question

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Thu Feb 7 19:00:41 CST 2013

Dear Frank

A Saybolt Viscometer is basically an "educated hole".
A known quantity of the fluid, at a given temperature, is put in the viscometer, and the time it takes for the fluid to drip out the hole is noted in seconds. Viscosity is reported as "Saybolt seconds Universal", SSU. There are conversion factors to get from SSU to kinematic viscosity.

See: http://www.globalgilson.com/productdisplay.asp?model=PTA-176

Best wishes,

Kevin