[Stoves] Calculating the RPM

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Tue Feb 12 20:00:04 CST 2013

Frank:

Going between 50 and 60 rpm shouldn't cost you more than a few bucks for a few different gears. $2500 seems steep for something that ought to look like a cement mixer. Can you describe the prescribed "box" dimensions?

If you think you can get the desired results at either 50 or 60 rpm, then you can get away with an induction motor, I'll bet. There are also variable speed belt drives that might work .

Tachometers are cheap.

Ron