[Stoves] Biolite on CNBC

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Thu Feb 21 13:02:40 CST 2013

There is a good bit more to learn about biolite at:
http://www.biolitestove.com/homestove/homestove-technology/

The larger unit under development/testing also has a fan. It is not clear at all to me the path of the air flow. The schematic shows air entry half way up which would be a surprise. Perhaps the attractive "body" shape (not cylindrical) may have a double wall and some sophisticated flow of ar? Can anyone explain more on air flow?

The anticipated price for this larger developing-country unit (some resemblance to a Rocket) according to the short video is $40. Very attractive price! Apparently testing at Approvecho has shown appreciably lower emissions than the Rocket..

Ron