[Stoves] New paper on atmospheric Black Carbon

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 13:26:20 CST 2013

Dear Friends

A new and I would say major major paper on the atmospheric impact of black
carbon particles is available for download. We know at least two of the
authors here on 'Stoves'. Profs Tami Bond and Philip Hopke (the aethalometer
builder who said he was a minor contributor) are frequent contributors on
the subject of emissions testing.

The paper is important because it is the first really detailed examination
of the effects of atmospheric heating by Black Carbon (BC).

The abstract is at
<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jgrd.50171/abstract>
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jgrd.50171/abstract and the paper
is at

 <http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jgrd.50171/pdf>
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jgrd.50171/pdf

It is not behind a paywall but it is large (40 MB). Times to get your hands
dirty with BC!