[Stoves] Need help in designing a small refrigerator for ruralhuts.

mtrevor mtrevor at ntamar.net
Fri Jan 18 03:31:33 CST 2013

NOT PARTICULARLY.  On an isdlands off the coast of Maine in about 1948 my father bought and installed a kerosene powered Electrolux.
It was still operating in the late mid 1980s. The burner was actually from an Alladdin lamp and if kept dressed
and clean produced little smell. Of course much of our lighting was by Alladin lamp as well so smell may not
have been noticed. Most of the ground floor was trimmed in a off white ivory so discoloration was not very noticeable either.
However having spent 20 year fueling and trimming the wick as part of my chores I can advise it was neither very smelly or smoky.
In fact it was an increadible simple reliable and long lasting machine. It probaly will be inpossible to design build and sell a machine
anywhaere near as good today.

Michael N Trevor
Marshall Islands

.