[Stoves] Need help in designing a small refrigerator for rural hutscontinued.

mtrevor mtrevor at ntamar.net
Fri Jan 18 04:04:22 CST 2013

On and off for the last 5 years or so there has been interest in the Thermo Electric Generators
TEGs to run say LEDs so it is surprising to me that there has not been more attention placed on the
Thermo Electric Cooler TECs using a peltier chip. This type of cooler has been commecially available
for years as the 12 volt Koolatron cooler.  It maybe that the nominal 5 amp drawn is not efficient
enough. You can get far more cooling effect for the same 5 amps through a 12 volt Adler Babour or
Novacool kit.

The cost of the 12volt kits are prohibative in most parts of the world so refocusing on TEC's using free
waste heat may be desireable

Michael N Trevor
.