[Stoves] Jatropha fruit as fuel?

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 09:19:11 CST 2013

Dear Jonathan

I am interested in the general layout and dimensions of a stove that will
burn the seeds well. Are you sharing at this time anything regarding the
design?

Thanks
Crispin

++++++++

Dear Joyce and stovers all,

My regrets for not responding to this request 6 months ago.  I admit that it
got lost in my messy inbox which I have now reduced from 6000 messages to a
mere 2400, and in the process uncovered Joyce's email.

Burning Jatropha seeds whole or in briquettes in open cooking arrangements
is a bad idea.  It produces a smoky, smelly fire and probably exposes cooks
to toxic emissions.  I even question burning Jatropha oil in lamps in
enclosed areas for the same reason. Maybe others know of emissions studies.
[snip]