[Stoves] TLUDs at ETHOS Re: Jatropha fruit as fuel? - and possible action

Dean Still deankstill at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 14:13:46 CST 2013

Hi Paul,

You asked about my reporting on ARC experiments with TLUDs at ETHOS.

Christa, Dale, and I are doing an "Introduction to Stove Design" class
Friday 4pm to 5:30pm at the hotel before the movies are shown.

I'm also doing a "How to Make Tier 3/4 Stoves" presentation at ETHOS that
summarizes work we have done at Aprovecho on optimizing heat transfer
efficiency, Charcoal, Fan stoves, TLUDs, and improved Rockets.

Paul, I am thinking that Aprovecho could make a week (or maybe two one week
sessions per year) available to the TLUD community at a low, low cost to
use the emission hoods in the lab and the emission set up in the Test
Kitchen. Do you think that there would be interest?

Natural draft TLUDs are a great invention and if Aprovecho could help all
of you amazing TLUD inventors we want to do it.

Best,

Dean