[Stoves] Flame of jatropha seeds burnt in biomass stove UB

M. Nurhuda mnurhuda at ub.ac.id
Mon Jan 21 09:59:11 CST 2013

Dear Stovers,

Please check the following link to see our biomass stove UB fueled with
jatropha seeds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEQPU-k_3w&feature=youtu.be

>From many test, I think it is not good idea to use jatropha seeds or
fruits as fuel. I frequently observed small explosions, presumably caused
by overpressure within the seed, when the seed is heated.

In addition, high oil contain causes the release of black carbon. The
difference in the  gasification temperature between jatropha oil and
biomass makes the combustion is difficult to control.

Kind regards
M. Nurhuda