[Stoves] is this new?

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Mon Jan 21 12:07:14 CST 2013

Crispin cc list

Thanks for both the cutaway and the added information below. I think we all recognize that you were designing a stove with an intent to consume char - not produce it, although the latter was possible in part with appropriate timing of extinguishment. Your objective seems to have been well met - especially with the reduced amount of secondary air in the latest mods..

Would you agree that if one is striving for char production, that the amount of primary air flow can/should be much reduced over the present design?

The only remaining design feature I can't see in the cutaway or your comments is how you are controlling secondary air flow with the right hand slide control. A similar (unshown) angular rotation slide?

Ron