[Stoves] Example of missed opportunities was Re: is this new?

Alex English english at kingston.net
Tue Jan 22 07:46:29 CST 2013

Dear Cecil,
My apologies, I wish the moderator would shut down these jokers.

Seriously, how important is language in your work?

  My mother spoke several languages and moved at ease through much of
the world, picking up the cultural nuances as she did the words. My
father got high marks in french class but moved about somewhat awkwardly
in comparison. Due to his last name, he decided he could never pursue
politics in this bilingual country.

But perhaps it was her smile, warmth and small stature that were more
easily translated....

English Alex