[Stoves] Example of missed opportunities was Re: is this new?

Robert Fairchild solarbobky at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 06:16:19 CST 2013

Cecil,
 Glad to have an anthropologist in the game. We need more.
 I'd like to share my engineering perspective on costs. You can't build a $10 bicycle or a $100 car. Maybe we can't build a $4 good stove, because of the real cost of good materials. If a good stove saves 25 cents per day, it's worth $15 in the first two months. That is perhaps a more reasonable and achievable target. (This is about what a low end cell phone costs, hmmm.)
 Bob