[Stoves] Maasai runners

rbtvl at aol.com rbtvl at aol.com
Thu Jan 24 09:58:52 CST 2013

Dear Dick

I am not sure the whole stove list wants to be in on the Maasai story.  but anyway,  The great Kenyan and Tanzanian runners are not Maasai specifically.   The Maasai are great walkers though.  with their herds. Their villages are spread out and Eluwai, the village we started in, covers 36 square miles.  Their bomas or house clusters are far apart.   Their wood is not nearby so they walk and walk.  The kids walk far to school if they go.  Not unusual for rural Africa.    The actor Edward Norton is involved with the Maasai.  He is a runner and has brought Maasai to New York to run in the marathon there with him, I believe.

bob