[Stoves] Introducing a new low cost clay brick stove

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 11:40:04 CST 2013

Dear Roger

It is possible to make a couple of improvements to the combustion. I will raise this again later because we are onto something very low cost I want to try first in the Keren stove – maybe before the Cambodian meeting where we can show it.

Because you have the surrounding wall, one this to try mow is raising the back support (shortening it at the same time to keep the pot level) or cutting part of the brick away to create an air inlet on the back. You will get pre-heated primary air that way, opposing the inflow that comes from the fuel hole.

It is an interesting and simple layout that can be built with little instruction.

I am not at all surprise by the doubling of the stove number to suit the pots, allowing cooks to run them at the same time at different power levels and for different duration – probably using different fuels, if Indonesia is anything to go by.

I like that you can put in large diameter fuel if you want.