[Stoves] Fire brick

Roger Samson rogerenroute at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 24 20:07:55 CST 2013

Hi Patrick

On our Noflay stove we don't use fire bricks for the shroud. The unfired bricks are much cheaper about 1/2 the price and usually sourced with lower transport costs.  Fire bricks though are more water resistant if used in an outdoor application when tropical rain storms hit.

I am an agronomist with some background in soils avidly learning about clay brick production. We made about 150,000 clay bricks this past year.  Our experience  is to spend considerable time examining the various clay fields in a region as certain clays provide  outstanding results.

 regards

roger samson