[Stoves] Behavior change studies related to stoves and health risks

Cecil Cook cec1863 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 03:45:54 CDT 2013

Dear Christina,

It is not my topic but I googled around and found the following study in
China

http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/1/1/014010/pdf/1748-9326_1_1_014010.pdf

which found no appreciable effect from health education interventions.

Here is another source from Australia:

http://www.bmj.com/highwire/filestream/623814/field_highwire_article_pdf/0/bmj.e8446

You probably know the work of Berkeley Air and Kirk R Smith:

Kirk R. Smith - Environmental Health Sciences, UC Berkeley, School
*...*<https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fehs.sph.berkeley.edu%2Fkrsmith%2F&ei=XeLwUcOAKcq07Qa9z4HIDQ&usg=AFQjCNF0J8YtneETF-oFm8tFSe159UDm9A&sig2=KQZxCMKxCRDHNPP5N5h9OA&bvm=bv.49784469,d.d2k>
ehs.sph.*berkeley*.edu/kr*smith*/

Here is a third article that you probably already know about:

I used the following

'education to reduce household air pollution from biomass stoves'

for my google search and it generated many useful hits.

In service,

CECook
TechnoShare
South Africa