[Stoves] Cajun Rocket Pot/ capacitive discharge stud weldie

Lanny Henson lannych at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 28 07:21:44 CDT 2013

> Lanny have you seen capacitive discharge stud welding?

Yes I have a stud welder but I did not realize it would weld dissimilar
metals especially aluminum to anything else.

Stud welding is very finicky and will leave a blemish on the opposite side
of thin metal.

When a stud weld fails you have to grind the surface to clean it up before
rewelding.. How are you going to do that if it is between the other studs?

Attaching studs, fins or anything to a pot is going to be problematic, but
attaching something to the pot holder may be practical. The heat transfer
may not be as good as having something attached to the pot but it could
possibly improve the heat transfer.

Lanny Henson